Thursday 21 March 2013

Shepherd Moons is still languishing on the mooring.  It is almost the end of another cyclone season here in the Whitsundays.  We have been lucky again this year, but there is still time for one late cyclone to surprise us.  It was three years ago today that cyclone Ului devastated Shute Harbour.  Right near the end of the season.

Mid April a friend is coming up to help me get Sheppy slipped, cleaned and antifouled, fix some repairs from two years of neglect and take her for a couple of weeks sailing.  It will be the first time she has been off the mooring since July 2011, because of my health problems.  Hopefully I can use my boat and the islands to stabilise my health.

I am looking forward to getting back out there and beginning to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment